Who doesn’t love a rich, chocolaty fridge cake? Easy to make and with no baking required; all you need is a little patience while it sets in the fridge. Yummy served with vanilla vegan ice cream.
Many brands of dark chocolate and digestives are accidentally vegan, but double check the ingredients. I use Co-op or Doves Farm digestives, but you could also try McVities Original Digestives which are now suitable for vegans- hooray!
- 4 1/2oz (125g) vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 7oz (200g) vegan dark choco-late, broken into squares
- 2oz (60g) vegan digestive biscuits, broken into chunks
- 2oz (60g) sultanas
- 2oz (60g) dates, chopped
- 2oz (60g) walnuts chopped
- Lightly grease an 8“ x 3“ loaf tin.
- Melt margarine and syrup together in a saucepan over a low heat. Take off the heat and quickly stir in the chocolate until melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into tin and level mixture fairly flat. Decorate with the rest of the walnuts.
- Set in fridge for 4 hours.