This lovely white sauce is cheap to make, and healthy using nutritional yeast flakes (nooch) instead of cheese. Use it to make macaroni cheese or top a lasagna, moussaka.
- 1 heaped tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 17 1/2fl oz (500ml) soya milk
- 2oz (50g) nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt & pepper
- Heat the margarine in a large saucepan on a low heat until melted.
- Add the flour and stir well. Gradually add soya milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for a few mins until it thickens. Add the yeast flakes, mustard and salt and pepper.