Thank you to the lovely Our Lizzy for this super easy and tasty chilli recipe. Serve with rice, tortillas and guacamole.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ to 2 tsp crushed dried chillies
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes or ½ jar passata
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 10oz (100g) soya mince or cooked green lentils
- ½ tsp yeast extract
- 1 tsp soya sauce (optional)
- ¼ pint (140ml) water or vegetable stock
- olive oil
- Heat oil, sauté the onion, peppers and garlic until they are soft.
- Add the chilli flakes and stir briefly.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and add water as needed.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced. Add more chilli flakes if needed.